Being frugal with your expenses while on vacation doesn’t have to mean you can’t have fun! Here are some fun ways to make the most out of Hilton Head and not burn a hole in your wallet.
1) Spend the day at the beach: Sun, surf, sand … FREE OF CHARGE!
2) Pack your sneakers: The 50 miles of bike paths across the island are not just great for biking, they are perfect for a day of on-your-feet exploring. In this summer heat, make sure you load on the sunscreen and bring along a water bottle!
3) Take a swing, try something new: Never had the chance to try out tennis or golf? Join the coaching staff at Palmetto Dunes each Monday morning for a free introductory clinic. The pros offer a free, hour-long clinic for each sport to anyone who wants to learn. No need to bring equipment; it’s all provided.
4) ART ART ART: Hilton Head is home to many art galleries that feature an array of art with collections from local and international artists. The best part is there are no admission fees and you don’t have to buy to enjoy! It is a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.
5) Shop till you drop: With great deals at the Tanger Outlets, it will be hard to resist digging into the wallet! Before hitting the stores, make sure you visit www.hiltonhead09.com and sign up for a free Insider Pass. The pass gives shoppers discounts and deals at retail stores throughout the island. For true fashion lovers, sometimes window shopping is just as exciting as buying! One can easily fill their day perusing trendy boutiques and eclectic consignment shops.
6) Fireworks: Harbour Fest is every Tuesday night at Shelter Cove Marina. There is live music, vendors and fireworks for your family’s enjoyment!
7) Movies under the stars: The Island Recreation Center’s “Movies in the Park” is every Thursday night at Shelter Cove Park. For just $2 a person, you can enjoy a an hour and a half of family-friendly activities leading up to a G-rated or PG-rated movie shown on a big screen. Bring food and snacks along for an evening with the stars under the stars.